A re-elected Liberal government will:
- Launch a new Arts and Culture Recovery Program that will match ticket sales for performing arts, live theatres, and other cultural venues to compensate for reduced capacity.
- Extend COVID-related insurance coverage for media production stoppages to support 150,000 Canadian jobs.
- Implement a COVID-19 transitional support program to provide emergency relief to out-of-work artists, craftspeople, creators, and authors who are primarily self-employed or independent contractors.
- Ensure the realities of artists and cultural workers are considered in upcoming reforms to the Employment Insurance (EI) system.
- Protect Canadian artists, creators, and copyright holders by making changes to the Copyright Act, including amending the Act to allow resale rights for artists.
- Hold a summit, within the first 100 days, on plans to restart the industry.