Canada’s public service should reflect the diversity of Canada. We need to ensure that we hire and retain diverse talents and build a strong public service, where all workers can reach their full potential.
A re-elected Liberal government will:
- Create the Diversity Fellowship in the Public Service to mentor and sponsor diverse groups in the public service and implement an action plan to increase representation in hiring and appointments, and leadership development within the Public Service.
- Create a fellowship for 1000 students and new graduates and offer French Language Training to 3rd and 4th year students to help bridge current gaps including language barriers.
- Increase diversity by offering language programs to racialized employees and expanding the public service recruitment program to international students and permanent residents.
- Help community organizations foster students to enter the public service.
- Establish a mental health fund for Black public servants, and support career advancement, training, sponsorship, and educational opportunities for Black workers.