Creative solutions and innovative technologies are key to helping the world tackle climate change, plastic waste, biodiversity loss, and other environmental challenges we face.
A re-elected Liberal government will:
- Develop an investment tax credit of up to 30% for a range of clean technologies including low carbon and net-zero technologies with input from external experts on what technologies should be covered.
- Build on existing advisory services for emerging clean technology firms to guide them, from formation to export, on the opportunities and challenges before them.
- Provide support and incentives for domestic procurement of Canadian clean technology. By partnering with other levels of government and existing large companies, we can help emerging Canadian clean technology firms secure customers here in Canada.
- Triple funding for clean tech on farms, including for renewable energy, precision agriculture, and energy efficiency.
- Partner with post-secondary institutions and Indigenous organizations to accelerate the creation and growth of Indigenous clean technology businesses.